MARKET INTRODUCTIONAutomotive paints and coatings are used to protect as well as f the parts and body of any vehicle. These paints and coatings are capable of producing durable surfaces, maximizing efficiency, exceeding customers' expectations of appearance, as well as meeting environmental regulations. Automotive paints and coatings have proven to improve the durability of a vehicle by protecting it from extreme temperature, foreign particles, UV radiation, and acid rain.
MARKET DYNAMICSThe key factor bolstering the automotive paint and coatings market is the increasing vehicle production and rising demand for carbon footprint technologies. Demand from the aftermarket for automotive paint and coatings is also driving the market growth. Also, the automotive paint and coatings market growth are propelled by the efforts made by the paint and coats manufacturers to offer cost-effective and wide-ranging effective solutions through their extensive product portfolio, without compromising the quality of the paints.
MARKET SCOPEThe "Global Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Analysis to 2027" is a specialized and in-depth study of the automotive paint and coatings industry with a special focus on the global market trend analysis. The report aims to provide an overview of automotive paint and coatings market with detailed market segmentation by coat type, formulation, vehicle type, and geography. The global automotive paint and coatings market is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period. The report provides key statistics on the market status of the leading automotive paint and coatings market players and offers key trends and opportunities in the market.
MARKET SEGMENTATIONThe global automotive paint and coatings market is segmented on the basis of coat type, formulation, and vehicle type. Based on coat type, the market is segmented into primer, clear coat, basecoat, electro coat, and others. On the basis of the formulation the market is segmented into solvent-borne, water-borne, and others. The market on the basis of the vehicle type is classified into passenger, commercial, and two-wheelers.
REGIONAL FRAMEWORKThe report provides a detailed overview of the industry including both qualitative and quantitative information. It provides an overview and forecast of the global automotive paint and coatings market based on various segments. It also provides market size and forecast estimates from the year 2017 to 2027 with respect to five major regions, namely; North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and South America. The automotive paint and coatings market by each region is later sub-segmented by respective countries and segments. The report covers the analysis and forecast of 18 countries globally along with the current trend and opportunities prevailing in the region.
The report analyzes factors affecting automotive paint and coatings market from both demand and supply side and further evaluates market dynamics affecting the market during the forecast period i.e., drivers, restraints, opportunities, and future trend. The report also provides exhaustive PEST analysis for all five regions namely; North America, Europe, APAC, MEA and SAM after evaluating political, economic, social and technological factors affecting the automotive paint and coatings market in these regions.
MARKET PLAYERSThe reports cover key developments in the automotive paint and coatings market as organic and inorganic growth strategies. Various companies are focusing on organic growth strategies such as product launches, product approvals and others such as patents and events. Inorganic growth strategies activities witnessed in the market were acquisitions, and partnership & collaborations. These activities have paved the way for expansion of business and customer base of market players. The market payers from automotive paint and coatings market are anticipated to lucrative growth opportunities in the future with the rising demand for Automotive Paint and Coatings in the global market. Below mentioned is the list of few companies engaged in the automotive paint and coatings market.
The report also includes the profiles of key automotive paint and coatings companies along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies. In addition, the report focuses on leading industry players with information such as company profiles, components and services offered, financial information of last 3 years, key development in past five years.
The Insight Partner's dedicated research and analysis team consist of experienced professionals with advanced statistical expertise and offer various customization options in the existing study.
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Arkema Group
- Axalta Coating Systems
- BASF SE
- Beckers Group
- Kansai Paint Co. Ltd.
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Solvay S.A
- The Valspar Corp.
TABLE OF CONTENTS 1. INTRODUCTION1.1. SCOPE OF THE STUDY1.2. THE INSIGHT PARTNERS RESEARCH REPORT GUIDANCE1.3. MARKET SEGMENTATION
2. KEY TAKEAWAYS3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY4. AUTOMOTIVE PAINT AND COATINGS MARKET LANDSCAPE4.1. OVERVIEW4.2. ECOSYSTEM ANALYSIS4.3. PEST ANALYSIS4.3.1. North America - PEST Analysis4.3.2. Europe - PEST Analysis4.3.3. Asia Pacific (APAC) - PEST Analysis4.3.4. Middle East & Africa (MEA) - PEST Analysis4.3.5. South America (SAM)- PEST Analysis
- Automotive Paint and Coatings Market - By Coat Type
- Automotive Paint and Coatings Market - By Formulation
- Automotive Paint and Coatings Market - By Vehicle Type
- Automotive Paint and Coatings Market - By Region
5. AUTOMOTIVE PAINT AND COATINGS MARKET - KEY INDUSTRY DYNAMICS5.1. KEY MARKET DRIVERS 5.2. KEY MARKET RESTRAINTS 5.3. KEY MARKET OPPORTUNITIES 5.4. FUTURE TRENDS 5.5. IMPACT ANALYSIS OF DRIVERS AND RESTRAINTS
6. AUTOMOTIVE PAINT AND COATINGS MARKET - GLOBAL MARKET ANALYSIS6.1. AUTOMOTIVE PAINT AND COATINGS - GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW6.2. AUTOMOTIVE PAINT AND COATINGS - GLOBAL MARKET AND FORECAST TO 20276.3. MARKET POSITIONING/ MARKET SHARE
7. AUTOMOTIVE PAINT AND COATINGS MARKET REVENUE AND FORECASTS TO 2027 - COAT TYPE7.1. OVERVIEW7.2. COAT TYPE MARKET FORECASTS AND ANALYSIS7.3. PRIMER 7.3.1. Overview7.3.2. Primer Market Forecast and Analysis7.4. CLEAR COAT7.4.1. Overview7.4.2. Clear Coat Market Forecast and Analysis7.5. BASECOAT7.5.1. Overview7.5.2. Basecoat Market Forecast and Analysis7.6. ELECTRO COAT7.6.1. Overview7.6.2. Electro coat Market Forecast and Analysis7.7. OTHERS7.7.1. Overview7.7.2. Others Market Forecast and Analysis
8. AUTOMOTIVE PAINT AND COATINGS MARKET REVENUE AND FORECASTS TO 2027 - FORMULATION 8.1. OVERVIEW8.2. FORMULATION MARKET FORECASTS AND ANALYSIS8.3. SOLVENT-BORNE 8.3.1. Overview8.3.2. Solvent-borne Market Forecast and Analysis 8.4. WATER-BORNE8.4.1. Overview8.4.2. Water-borne Market Forecast and Analysis8.5. OTHERS8.5.1. Overview8.5.2. Others Market Forecast and Analysis
9. AUTOMOTIVE PAINT AND COATINGS MARKET REVENUE AND FORECASTS TO 2027 - VEHICLE TYPE 9.1. OVERVIEW9.2. VEHICLE TYPE MARKET FORECASTS AND ANALYSIS9.3. PASSENGER9.3.1. Overview9.3.2. Passenger Market Forecast and Analysis 9.4. COMMERCIAL9.4.1. Overview9.4.2. Commercial Market Forecast and Analysis9.5. TWO-WHEELERS9.5.1. Overview9.5.2. Two-wheelers Market Forecast and Analysis
10. AUTOMOTIVE PAINT AND COATINGS MARKET REVENUE AND FORECASTS TO 2027 - GEOGRAPHICAL ANALYSIS10.1. NORTH AMERICA10.1.1. North America Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Overview10.1.2. North America Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Forecasts and Analysis10.1.3. North America Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Coat Type10.1.4. North America Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Formulation10.1.5. North America Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Vehicle Type10.1.6. North America Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries10.1.6.1. US market10.1.6.1.1. US Market by Coat Type10.1.6.1.2. US Market by Formulation10.1.6.1.3. US Market by Vehicle Type10.1.6.2. Canada market10.1.6.2.1. Canada Market by Coat Type10.1.6.2.2. Canada Market by Formulation10.1.6.2.3. Canada Market by Vehicle Type10.1.6.3. Mexico market10.1.6.3.1. Mexico Market by Coat Type10.1.6.3.2. Mexico Market by Formulation10.1.6.3.3. Mexico Market by Vehicle Type10.2. EUROPE10.2.1. Europe Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Overview10.2.2. Europe Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Forecasts and Analysis10.2.3. Europe Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Coat Type10.2.4. Europe Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Formulation10.2.5. Europe Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Vehicle Type10.2.6. Europe Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries10.2.6.1. France market10.2.6.1.1. France Market by Coat Type10.2.6.1.2. France Market by Formulation10.2.6.1.3. France Market by Vehicle Type10.2.6.2. Germany market10.2.6.2.1. Germany Market by Coat Type10.2.6.2.2. Germany Market by Formulation10.2.6.2.3. Germany Market by Vehicle Type10.2.6.3. Italy market10.2.6.3.1. Italy Market by Coat Type10.2.6.3.2. Italy Market by Formulation10.2.6.3.3. Italy Market by Vehicle Type10.2.6.4. Russia market10.2.6.4.1. Russia Market by Coat Type10.2.6.4.2. Russia Market by Formulation10.2.6.4.3. Russia Market by Vehicle Type10.2.6.5. UK market10.2.6.5.1. UK Market by Coat Type10.2.6.5.2. UK Market by Formulation10.2.6.5.3. UK Market by Vehicle Type10.2.6.6. Rest of Europe market10.2.6.6.1. Rest of Europe Market by Coat Type10.2.6.6.2. Rest of Europe Market by Formulation10.2.6.6.3. Rest of Europe Market by Vehicle Type10.3. ASIA PACIFIC (APAC)10.3.1. Asia Pacific Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Overview10.3.2. Asia Pacific Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Forecasts and Analysis10.3.3. Asia Pacific Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Coat Type10.3.4. Asia Pacific Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Formulation10.3.5. Asia Pacific Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Vehicle Type10.3.6. Asia Pacific Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries10.3.6.1. South Korea10.3.6.1.1. South Korea Market by Coat Type10.3.6.1.2. South Korea Market by Formulation10.3.6.1.3. South Korea Market by Vehicle Type10.3.6.2. China market10.3.6.2.1. China Market by Coat Type10.3.6.2.2. China Market by Formulation10.3.6.2.3. China Market by Vehicle Type10.3.6.3. India market10.3.6.3.1. India Market by Coat Type10.3.6.3.2. India Market by Formulation10.3.6.3.3. India Market by Vehicle Type10.3.6.4. Japan market10.3.6.4.1. Japan Market by Coat Type10.3.6.4.2. Japan Market by Formulation10.3.6.4.3. India Market by Vehicle Type10.3.6.5. Australia market10.3.6.5.1. Australia Market by Coat Type10.3.6.5.2. Australia Market by Formulation10.3.6.5.3. Australia Market by Vehicle Type10.3.6.6. Rest of APAC market10.3.6.6.1. Rest of APAC Market by Coat Type10.3.6.6.2. Rest of APAC Market by Formulation10.3.6.6.3. Rest of APAC Market by Vehicle Type10.4. MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA (MEA)10.4.1. Middle East and Africa Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Overview10.4.2. Middle East and Africa Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Forecasts and Analysis10.4.3. Middle East and Africa Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Coat Type10.4.4. Middle East and Africa Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Formulation10.4.5. Middle East and Africa Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Vehicle Type10.4.6. Middle East and Africa Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries10.4.6.1. South Africa market10.4.6.1.1. South Africa Market by Coat Type10.4.6.1.2. Rest of APAC Market by Formulation10.4.6.1.3. Rest of APAC Market by Vehicle Type10.4.6.2. Saudi Arabia market10.4.6.2.1. Saudi Arabia Market by Coat Type10.4.6.2.2. Saudi Arabia Market by Formulation10.4.6.2.3. Saudi Arabia Market by Vehicle Type10.4.6.3. UAE market10.4.6.3.1. UAE Market by Coat Type10.4.6.3.2. UAE Market by Formulation10.4.6.3.3. UAE Market by Vehicle Type10.4.6.4. Rest of MEA market10.4.6.4.1. Rest of MEA Market by Coat Type10.4.6.4.2. Rest of MEA Market by Formulation10.4.6.4.3. Rest of MEA Market by Vehicle Type10.5. SOUTH AMERICA (SAM)10.5.1. South America Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Overview10.5.2. South America Automotive Paint and Coatings Market Forecasts and Analysis10.5.3. South America Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Coat Type10.5.4. South America Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Formulation10.5.5. South America Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Vehicle Type10.5.6. South America Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries10.5.6.1. Brazil market10.5.6.1.1. Brazil Market by Coat Type10.5.6.1.2. Brazil Market by Formulation10.5.6.1.3. Brazil Market by Vehicle Type10.5.6.2. Argentina market10.5.6.2.1. Argentina Market by Coat Type10.5.6.2.2. Argentina Market by Formulation10.5.6.2.3. Argentina Market by Vehicle Type10.5.6.3. Rest of SAM market10.5.6.3.1. Rest of SAM Market by Coat Type10.5.6.3.2. Rest of SAM Market by Formulation10.5.6.3.3. Rest of SAM Market by Vehicle Type
11. INDUSTRY LANDSCAPE11.1. MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS 11.2. MARKET INITIATIVES11.3. NEW DEVELOPMENTS
12. AUTOMOTIVE PAINT AND COATINGS MARKET, KEY COMPANY PROFILES12.1. AKZONOBEL N.V.12.1.1. Key Facts12.1.2. Business Description12.1.3. Products & Services12.1.4. Financial Overview12.1.5. SWOT Analysis12.1.6. Key Developments12.2. ARKEMA GROUP12.2.1. Key Facts12.2.2. Business Description12.2.3. Products & Services12.2.4. Financial Overview12.2.5. SWOT Analysis12.2.6. Key Developments12.3. AXALTA COATING SYSTEMS12.3.1. Key Facts12.3.2. Business Description12.3.3. Products & Services12.3.4. Financial Overview12.3.5. SWOT Analysis12.3.6. Key Developments12.4. BASF SE12.4.1. Key Facts12.4.2. Business Description 12.4.3. Products & Services12.4.4. Financial Overview12.4.5. SWOT Analysis12.4.6. Key Developments12.5. BECKERS GROUP12.5.1. Key Facts12.5.2. Business Description12.5.3. Products & Services12.5.4. Financial Overview12.5.5. SWOT Analysis12.5.6. Key Developments12.6. KANSAI PAINT CO. LTD.12.6.1. Key Facts12.6.2. Business Description12.6.3. Products & Services12.6.4. Financial Overview12.6.5. SWOT Analysis12.6.6. Key Developments12.7. NIPPON PAINT HOLDINGS CO. LTD12.7.1. Key Facts12.7.2. Business Description12.7.3. Products & Services12.7.4. Financial Overview12.7.5. SWOT Analysis12.7.6. Key Developments12.8. PPG INDUSTRIES, INC.12.8.1. Key Facts12.8.2. Business Description12.8.3. Products & Services12.8.4. Financial Overview12.8.5. SWOT Analysis12.8.6. Key Developments12.9. SOLVAY S.A 12.9.1. Key Facts12.9.2. Business Description12.9.3. Products & Services12.9.4. Financial Overview12.9.5. SWOT Analysis12.9.6. Key Developments12.10. THE VALSPAR CORP.12.10.1. Key Facts12.10.2. Business Description12.10.3. Products & Services12.10.4. Financial Overview12.10.5. SWOT Analysis12.10.6. Key Developments
13. APPENDIX13.1. ABOUT THE INSIGHT PARTNERS13.2. GLOSSARY OF TERMS
The List of Companies
1. AkzoNobel N.V.
2. Arkema Group
3. Axalta Coating Systems
4. BASF SE
5. Beckers Group
6. Kansai Paint Co. Ltd.
7. Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd
8. PPG Industries, Inc.
9. Solvay S.A
10. The Valspar Corp.