Roll to roll printing refers to the process of making electronic devices on flexible plastics and metal foil. This process is used for patterning electronic circuits made with thin film transistors and other devices over large substrate varying from few meters to 50 km long in size. For semiconductors, the patterning takes place by lithography techniques. R2R printing technology is still in the development stage and is not widely adopted. However, using such fabrication techniques may lead to significant reduction in the cost of conventional semiconductor manufacturing methods. One of the most notable application is development of solar cells which are still expensive due to high cost per unit area of semiconductor manufacturing process. Other major application includes development of flexible electronic component such as those deployed in clothing, large area flexible displays and portable displays.
Development of flexible displays for use in smartphones, tablets and advancement in internet of things is expected to boost the revenue sales in the global roll - to - roll printing market. Further technological superiority in comparison to conventional manufacturing techniques is expected to increase the adoption of R2R printing. Roll - to - roll printing offers low cost production, increased flexibility, efficient and light products. Initial cost for adoption is still high but can be offset by low cost production over time. Some of the major applications of R2R printing are flexible photovoltaic, thin film batteries, flexible electronics, multilayer capacitors, organic light emitting diode (OLED), CIGS PV and PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane).
The objectives of this report are as follows:
- To provide overview of the global Roll - to - Roll Printing market
- To analyze and forecast the global Roll - to - Roll Printing market on the basis of printing method and end use industry.
- To provide market size and forecast till 2027 for overall Roll - to - Roll Printing market with respect to five major regions, namely; North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East and Africa (MEA), and South America (SAM), which are later sub - segmented across respective major countries.
- To evaluate market dynamics effecting the market during the forecast period i.e., drivers, restraints, opportunities, and future trend.
- To provide exhaustive PEST analysis for all five regions.
- To profiles key Roll - to - Roll Printing players influencing the market along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies.
Some of the important players in Roll - to - Roll Printing market are Ink Holdings Inc., Nippon Mektron, Ltd, Thinfilm, E Ink Holdings Inc., 3M Company, LG Display Co., Ltd, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. , Konica Minolta Inc., Fujikura Ltd., and GSI Technologies LLC.