Biochar is one of the type of charcoal that is used as a soil amendment for both soil health benefits and carbon sequestration. Biochar is a stable solid and is rich in carbon; also, it can endure in soil up to thousands of years. Like most of the charcoal, biochar is also made from biomass through pyrolysis. Various research is going on biochar as a viable approach for carbon sequestration since it has the capabilities to help mitigate climate change and global warming. Biochar can increase soil fertility of acidic soils (low pH soils), increase agricultural productivity, and provide protection against some foliar and soil-borne diseases. By nature, biochar is hygroscopic. Hence, it is a desirable soil material in many locations due to its ability to attract and retain water. When biochar is used for energy production instead of a soil amendment, it can be directly substituted for other application that uses coal. Pyrolysis can also be the most cost-effective way of electricity generation from biomaterial.
The biochar market has witnessed a significant growth owing to factors such as a wider application of biochar in electricity generation, agriculture & farming, forestry, and others. Increasing demand for various products in organic farming is one of the major factors influencing the growth of the biochar market. In addition to that, the growing use of biochar in the water treatment process is further anticipated to be another important growth factor supported by rising demand for water treatment facilities, particularly in emerging economies. However, factors such as high cost of the end product and lack of incentives & tax rebates may hamper the market growth for biochar in the near future. Nevertheless, with the steady growth in the agrochemical and agriculture industry, the market players have the opportunity to invest in the biochar market.
The "Global Biochar Market Analysis to 2027" is a specialized and in-depth study of the chemical and materials industry with a special focus on the global market trend analysis. The report aims to provide an overview of the biochar market with detailed market segmentation by type, technology, application, and geography. The global biochar market is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period. The report provides key statistics on the market status of the leading biochar market players and offers key trends and opportunities in the market.
The global biochar market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, and application. On the basis of type, the biochar market is segmented into woody biomass, agricultural waste, animal manure, and others. Based on technology, biochar market is segmented into pyrolysis, hydrothermal carbonization, gasification, and others. The biochar market on the basis of the application is classified into electricity generation, agriculture & farming, forestry, and others.
Get more information on this report :
The report provides a detailed overview of the industry including both qualitative and quantitative information. It provides an overview and forecast of the global biochar market based on various segments. It also provides market size and forecast estimates from the year 2018 to 2027 with respect to five major regions, namely; North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and South America. The biochar market by each region is later sub-segmented by respective countries and segments. The report covers the analysis and forecast of 18 countries globally along with the current trend and opportunities prevailing in the region.
The report analyzes factors affecting the biochar market from both demand and supply side and further evaluates market dynamics affecting the market during the forecast period i.e., drivers, restraints, opportunities, and future trend. The report also provides exhaustive PEST analysis for all five regions namely; North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America after evaluating political, economic, social and technological factors affecting the biochar market in these regions.
Get more information on this report :
The reports cover various key developments in the global biochar market. Various companies are focusing growth strategies such as product launches, product approvals and others such as patents and events. Some of the growth strategies activities witnessed in the market were acquisitions, and partnership & collaborations. These activities have paved way for the expansion of business and customer base of market players. The market payers from biochar market are anticipated to lucrative growth opportunities in the future with the rising demand for biochar in the global market. Below mentioned is the list of few companies engaged in the biochar market.
The report also includes the profiles of key companies along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies in the biochar market. In addition, the report focuses on leading industry players with information such as company profiles, components, and services offered, financial information of the last 3 years, the key development in the past five years.
Agri-Tech Producers, LLC
Biochar Products, Inc.
Biochar Supreme LLC
Cool Planet Energy Systems Inc.
Diacarbon Energy Inc.
Earth Systems PTY. LTD.
The Biochar Company
Vega Biofuels, Inc.
The Insight Partner's dedicated research and analysis team consist of experienced professionals with advanced statistical expertise and offer various customization options in the existing study.
Get more information on this report :
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. INTRODUCTION 1.1. SCOPE OF THE STUDY 1.2. THE INSIGHT PARTNERS RESEARCH REPORT GUIDANCE 1.3. MARKET SEGMENTATION 1.3.1 Biochar Market - By Type 1.3.2 Biochar Market - By Technology 1.3.3 Biochar Market - By Application 1.3.4 Biochar Market - By Region 220.127.116.11 By Country
2. KEY TAKEWAYS
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. BIOCHAR MARKET LANDSCAPE 4.1. OVERVIEW 4.2. PEST ANALYSIS 4.2.1 North America - Pest Analysis 4.2.2 Europe - Pest Analysis 4.2.3 Asia-Pacific - Pest Analysis 4.2.4 Middle East and Africa - Pest Analysis 4.2.5 South and Central America - Pest Analysis 4.3. EXPERT OPINIONS
6. BIOCHAR MARKET - GLOBAL MARKET ANALYSIS 6.1. BIOCHAR - GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW 6.2. BIOCHAR - GLOBAL MARKET AND FORECAST TO 2027 6.3. MARKET POSITIONING/MARKET SHARE
7. BIOCHAR MARKET - REVENUE AND FORECASTS TO 2027 - TYPE 7.1. OVERVIEW 7.2. TYPE MARKET FORECASTS AND ANALYSIS 7.3. WOODY BIOMASS 7.3.1. Overview 7.3.2. Woody Biomass Market Forecast and Analysis 7.4. AGRICULTURAL WASTE 7.4.1. Overview 7.4.2. Agricultural Waste Market Forecast and Analysis 7.5. ANIMAL MANURE 7.5.1. Overview 7.5.2. Animal Manure Market Forecast and Analysis 7.6. OTHERS 7.6.1. Overview 7.6.2. Others Market Forecast and Analysis 8. BIOCHAR MARKET - REVENUE AND FORECASTS TO 2027 - TECHNOLOGY 8.1. OVERVIEW 8.2. TECHNOLOGY MARKET FORECASTS AND ANALYSIS 8.3. PYROLYSIS 8.3.1. Overview 8.3.2. Pyrolysis Market Forecast and Analysis 8.4. GASIFICATION 8.4.1. Overview 8.4.2. Gasification Market Forecast and Analysis 8.5. HYDROTHERMAL CARBONIZATION 8.5.1. Overview 8.5.2. Hydrothermal Carbonization Market Forecast and Analysis 8.6. OTHERS 8.6.1. Overview 8.6.2. Others Market Forecast and Analysis 9. BIOCHAR MARKET - REVENUE AND FORECASTS TO 2027 - APPLICATION 9.1. OVERVIEW 9.2. APPLICATION MARKET FORECASTS AND ANALYSIS 9.3. ELECTRICITY GENERATION 9.3.1. Overview 9.3.2. Electricity Generation Market Forecast and Analysis 9.4. AGRICULTURE AND FARMING 9.4.1. Overview 9.4.2. Agriculture and Farming Market Forecast and Analysis 9.5. FORESTRY 9.5.1. Overview 9.5.2. Forestry Market Forecast and Analysis 9.6. OTHERS 9.6.1. Overview 9.6.2. Others Market Forecast and Analysis
10. BIOCHAR MARKET REVENUE AND FORECASTS TO 2027 - GEOGRAPHICAL ANALYSIS 10.1. NORTH AMERICA 10.1.1 North America Biochar Market Overview 10.1.2 North America Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis 10.1.3 North America Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Type 10.1.4 North America Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Technology 10.1.5 North America Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Application 10.1.6 North America Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries 10.1.6.1 United States Biochar Market 10.1.6.1.1 United States Biochar Market by Type 10.1.6.1.2 United States Biochar Market by Technology 10.1.6.1.3 United States Biochar Market by Application 10.1.6.2 Canada Biochar Market 10.1.6.2.1 Canada Biochar Market by Type 10.1.6.2.2 Canada Biochar Market by Technology 10.1.6.2.3 Canada Biochar Market by Application 10.1.6.3 Mexico Biochar Market 10.1.6.3.1 Mexico Biochar Market by Type 10.1.6.3.2 Mexico Biochar Market by Technology 10.1.6.3.3 Mexico Biochar Market by Application 10.2. EUROPE 10.2.1 Europe Biochar Market Overview 10.2.2 Europe Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis 10.2.3 Europe Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Type 10.2.4 Europe Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Technology 10.2.5 Europe Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Application 10.2.6 Europe Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries 10.2.6.1 Germany Biochar Market 10.2.6.1.1 Germany Biochar Market by Type 10.2.6.1.2 Germany Biochar Market by Technology 10.2.6.1.3 Germany Biochar Market by Application 10.2.6.2 France Biochar Market 10.2.6.2.1 France Biochar Market by Type 10.2.6.2.2 France Biochar Market by Technology 10.2.6.2.3 France Biochar Market by Application 10.2.6.3 Italy Biochar Market 10.2.6.3.1 Italy Biochar Market by Type 10.2.6.3.2 Italy Biochar Market by Technology 10.2.6.3.3 Italy Biochar Market by Application 10.2.6.4 United Kingdom Biochar Market 10.2.6.4.1 United Kingdom Biochar Market by Type 10.2.6.4.2 United Kingdom Biochar Market by Technology 10.2.6.4.3 United Kingdom Biochar Market by Application 10.2.6.5 Russia Biochar Market 10.2.6.5.1 Russia Biochar Market by Type 10.2.6.5.2 Russia Biochar Market by Technology 10.2.6.5.3 Russia Biochar Market by Application 10.2.6.6 Rest of Europe Biochar Market 10.2.6.6.1 Rest of Europe Biochar Market by Type 10.2.6.6.2 Rest of Europe Biochar Market by Technology 10.2.6.6.3 Rest of Europe Biochar Market by Application 10.3. ASIA-PACIFIC 10.3.1 Asia-Pacific Biochar Market Overview 10.3.2 Asia-Pacific Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis 10.3.3 Asia-Pacific Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Type 10.3.4 Asia-Pacific Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Technology 10.3.5 Asia-Pacific Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Application 10.3.6 Asia-Pacific Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries 10.3.6.1 Australia Biochar Market 10.3.6.1.1 Australia Biochar Market by Type 10.3.6.1.2 Australia Biochar Market by Technology 10.3.6.1.3 Australia Biochar Market by Application 10.3.6.2 China Biochar Market 10.3.6.2.1 China Biochar Market by Type 10.3.6.2.2 China Biochar Market by Technology 10.3.6.2.3 China Biochar Market by Application 10.3.6.3 India Biochar Market 10.3.6.3.1 India Biochar Market by Type 10.3.6.3.2 India Biochar Market by Technology 10.3.6.3.3 India Biochar Market by Application 10.3.6.4 Japan Biochar Market 10.3.6.4.1 Japan Biochar Market by Type 10.3.6.4.2 Japan Biochar Market by Technology 10.3.6.4.3 Japan Biochar Market by Application 10.3.6.5 South Korea Biochar Market 10.3.6.5.1 South Korea Biochar Market by Type 10.3.6.5.2 South Korea Biochar Market by Technology 10.3.6.5.3 South Korea Biochar Market by Application 10.3.6.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific Biochar Market 10.3.6.6.1 Rest of Asia-Pacific Biochar Market by Type 10.3.6.6.2 Rest of Asia-Pacific Biochar Market by Technology 10.3.6.6.3 Rest of Asia-Pacific Biochar Market by Application 10.4. MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA 10.4.1 Middle East and Africa Biochar Market Overview 10.4.2 Middle East and Africa Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis 10.4.3 Middle East and Africa Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Type 10.4.4 Middle East and Africa Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Technology 10.4.5 Middle East and Africa Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Application 10.4.6 Middle East and Africa Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries 10.4.6.1 South Africa Biochar Market 10.4.6.1.1 South Africa Biochar Market by Type 10.4.6.1.2 South Africa Biochar Market by Technology 10.4.6.1.3 South Africa Biochar Market by Application 10.4.6.2 Saudi Arabia Biochar Market 10.4.6.2.1 Saudi Arabia Biochar Market by Type 10.4.6.2.2 Saudi Arabia Biochar Market by Technology 10.4.6.2.3 Saudi Arabia Biochar Market by Application 10.4.6.3 U.A.E Biochar Market 10.4.6.3.1 U.A.E Biochar Market by Type 10.4.6.3.2 U.A.E Biochar Market by Technology 10.4.6.3.3 U.A.E Biochar Market by Application 10.4.6.4 Rest of Middle East and Africa Biochar Market 10.4.6.4.1 Rest of Middle East and Africa Biochar Market by Type 10.4.6.4.2 Rest of Middle East and Africa Biochar Market by Technology 10.4.6.4.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa Biochar Market by Application 10.5. SOUTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA 10.5.1 South and Central America Biochar Market Overview 10.5.2 South and Central America Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis 10.5.3 South and Central America Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Type 10.5.4 South and Central America Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Technology 10.5.5 South and Central America Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Application 10.5.6 South and Central America Biochar Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries 10.5.6.1 Brazil Biochar Market 10.5.6.1.1 Brazil Biochar Market by Type 10.5.6.1.2 Brazil Biochar Market by Technology 10.5.6.1.3 Brazil Biochar Market by Application 10.5.6.2 Argentina Biochar Market 10.5.6.2.1 Argentina Biochar Market by Type 10.5.6.2.2 Argentina Biochar Market by Technology 10.5.6.2.3 Argentina Biochar Market by Application 10.5.6.3 Rest of South and Central America Biochar Market 10.5.6.3.1 Rest of South and Central America Biochar Market by Type 10.5.6.3.2 Rest of South and Central America Biochar Market by Technology 10.5.6.3.3 Rest of South and Central America Biochar Market by Application
11. INDUSTRY LANDSCAPE 11.1. MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS 11.2. AGREEMENTS, COLLABORATIONS AND JOIN VENTURES 11.3. NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES 11.4. EXPANSIONS AND OTHER STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENTS
12. BIOCHAR MARKET, KEY COMPANY PROFILES 12.1. AGRI-TECH PRODUCERS, LLC 12.1.1. Key Facts 12.1.2. Business Description 12.1.3. Products and Services 12.1.4. Financial Overview 12.1.5. SWOT Analysis 12.1.6. Key Developments 12.2. BIOCHAR PRODUCTS, INC. 12.2.1. Key Facts 12.2.2. Business Description 12.2.3. Products and Services 12.2.4. Financial Overview 12.2.5. SWOT Analysis 12.2.6. Key Developments 12.3. BIOCHAR SUPREME LLC 12.3.1. Key Facts 12.3.2. Business Description 12.3.3. Products and Services 12.3.4. Financial Overview 12.3.5. SWOT Analysis 12.3.6. Key Developments 12.4. COOL PLANET ENERGY SYSTEMS INC. 12.4.1. Key Facts 12.4.2. Business Description 12.4.3. Products and Services 12.4.4. Financial Overview 12.4.5. SWOT Analysis 12.4.6. Key Developments 12.5. DIACARBON ENERGY INC. 12.5.1. Key Facts 12.5.2. Business Description 12.5.3. Products and Services 12.5.4. Financial Overview 12.5.5. SWOT Analysis 12.5.6. Key Developments 12.6. EARTH SYSTEMS PTY. LTD. 12.6.1. Key Facts 12.6.2. Business Description 12.6.3. Products and Services 12.6.4. Financial Overview 12.6.5. SWOT Analysis 12.6.6. Key Developments 12.7. PACIFIC PYROLYSIS 12.7.1. Key Facts 12.7.2. Business Description 12.7.3. Products and Services 12.7.4. Financial Overview 12.7.5. SWOT Analysis 12.7.6. Key Developments 12.8. PHOENIX ENERGY 12.8.1. Key Facts 12.8.2. Business Description 12.8.3. Products and Services 12.8.4. Financial Overview 12.8.5. SWOT Analysis 12.8.6. Key Developments 12.9. THE BIOCHAR COMPANY 12.9.1. Key Facts 12.9.2. Business Description 12.9.3. Products and Services 12.9.4. Financial Overview 12.9.5. SWOT Analysis 12.9.6. Key Developments 12.10. VEGA BIOFUELS, INC. 12.10.1. Key Facts 12.10.2. Business Description 12.10.3. Products and Services 12.10.4. Financial Overview 12.10.5. SWOT Analysis 12.10.6. Key Developments
13. APPENDIX 13.1. ABOUT THE INSIGHT PARTNERS 13.2. GLOSSARY OF TERMS
The List of Companies
1. Agri-Tech Producers, LLC 2. Biochar Products, Inc. 3. Biochar Supreme LLC 4. Cool Planet Energy Systems Inc. 5. Diacarbon Energy Inc. 6. Earth Systems PTY. LTD. 7. Pacific Pyrolysis 8. Phoenix Energy 9. The Biochar Company 10. Vega Biofuels, Inc.