The e-commerce platform is a software technology solution which enables buying and selling of products over the internet with online stores. E-commerce platforms are based on standard programming languages. E-commerce platforms have made it possible to gain new customers as well as sellers while eliminating geographical barriers. These platforms provide sellers with low startup cost and website personalization. Besides, it is easier to reach the target audience with online advertising campaigns.
The "Global E-Commerce Platform Market Analysis to 2028" is a specialized and in-depth study with a special focus on the global market trend analysis. The report aims to provide an overview of the e-commerce platform market with detailed market segmentation by deployment type, business model, enterprise size, industry vertical, and geography. The report provides key statistics on the market status of the leading e-commerce platform market players and offers key trends and opportunities in the market.
- Based on deployment type, the global e-commerce platform market is segmented into cloud-based and on-premises.
- On the basis of business model, the market is segmented into B2B and B2C.
- Based on enterprise size, the market is segmented into large enterprises and SMEs.
- Based on industry vertical, the market is segmented into travel and tourism, home furnishings, electrical and electronics, textile and apparels, and others.
- The e-commerce platform market is anticipated to proliferate during the forecast period owing to a global shift in the shopping behavior of consumers in developing countries and a growing trend among sellers for switching their businesses online.
- Low financial costs, ease of doing business, including faster checkouts, wider variety, and e-cart options, further fuels the growth of the e-commerce platform market.
- The untapped markets in developing countries offer significant opportunity for the growth of the major market players operating in the e-commerce platform market during the forecast period.
- Privacy and security issues are expected to restrain the e-commerce platform market.
The report provides a detailed overview of the industry including both qualitative and quantitative information. It provides an overview and forecast of the global market based on various segments. It also provides market size and forecast estimates from the year 2019 to 2028 with respect to five major regions, namely; North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), the Middle East and Africa (MEA), and South America. The e-commerce platform market by each region is later sub-segmented by respective countries and segments. The report covers the analysis and forecast of 18 countries globally along with the current trend and opportunities prevailing in the region.
The report analyzes factors affecting the market from both demand and supply side and further evaluates market dynamics affecting the market during the forecast period i.e., drivers, restraints, opportunities, and future trend. The report also provides exhaustive PEST analysis for all five regions namely; North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America after evaluating political, economic, social and technological factors affecting the e-commerce platform market in these regions.
IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON E-COMMERCE PLATFORM MARKET
COVID-19 first began in Wuhan (China) during December 2019 and since then it has spread at a fast pace across the globe. The US, India, Brazil, Russia, France, the UK, Turkey, Italy, and Spain are some of the worst affected countries in terms confirmed cases and reported deaths. The COVID-19 has been affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business shutdowns. Shutdown of various plants and factories has affected the global supply chains and negatively impacted the manufacturing, delivery schedules, and sales of products in global market. Few companies have already announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. In addition to this, the global travel bans imposed by countries in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and North America are affecting the business collaborations and partnerships opportunities.
The report covers key developments in the e-commerce platform market as organic and inorganic growth strategies. Various companies are focusing on organic growth strategies such as product launches, product approvals and others such as patents and events. Inorganic growth strategies activities witnessed in the market were acquisitions, and partnership & collaborations. These activities have paved way for the expansion of business and customer base of market players. The market players from e-commerce platform market are anticipated to lucrative growth opportunities in the future with the rising demand in the global market.
The report also includes the profiles of key companies along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies in the e-commerce platform market. In addition, the report focuses on leading industry players with information such as company profiles, components, and services offered, financial information of the last 3 years, the key development in the past five years.
- Adobe Inc.
- Automattic Inc. (Woocommerce)
- BigCommerce Pty. Ltd.
- Infomart2000 Corp. (3dcart)
- Kibo Software, Inc.
- Salesforce.com, Inc.
- Shopify Inc.
- Squarespace, Inc.
- Volusion, LLC
The Insight Partner's dedicated research and analysis team consist of experienced professionals with advanced statistical expertise and offer various customization options in the existing study.