Anticoagulant drugs (sometimes called blood thinners) are chemical substances that prevent or decrease blood coagulation and prolong the time it takes for blood to clot. These drugs are primarily used to prevent blood clots in patients with atrial fibrillation, deep vein thrombosis, myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism, stroke, and other medical conditions. The global anticoagulants market is expected to rise significantly over the forecast period, in respect to growing prevalence of venous thromboembolism (VTE) and cardiovascular disorders, increased adoption of novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs), and rising awareness of NOACs in developing countries.
The "Global Anticoagulants Market Analysis to 2028" is a specialized and in-depth study of the healthcare industry with a special focus on the global market trend analysis. The report aims to provide an overview of the anticoagulants market with detailed market segmentation by drug class, route of administration, application and distribution channel. The report provides key statistics on the market status of the leading anticoagulants market players and offers key trends and opportunities in the market.
- Based on drug class the market is segmented as, novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs), heparin & low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH), vitamin K antagonist and others.
- Based on route of administration the market is segmented as, oral anticoagulant and injectable anticoagulant.
- Based on application the market is segmented as, atrial fibrillation & heart attack, stroke, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism (PE) and others.
- Based on distribution channel the market is segmented as, hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies and online pharmacies.
- Growing prevalence of venous thromboembolism (VTE) and cardiovascular disorders.
- Increased adoption of novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs), and rising awareness of NOACs in developing countries.
- Surge in demand for novel therapeutics along with growing elderly population are also expected to fuel the market growth.
- However, stringent regulatory approvals and chances of side effects from treatment are expect to restrain market growth during the forecast period.
The report provides a detailed overview of the industry including both qualitative and quantitative information. It provides an overview and forecast of the global market based on various segments. It also provides market size and forecast estimates from the year 2019 to 2028 with respect to five major regions, namely; North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), the Middle East and Africa (MEA), and South America. The anticoagulants market by each region is later sub-segmented by respective countries and segments. The report covers the analysis and forecast of 18 countries globally along with the current trend and opportunities prevailing in the region.
The report analyzes factors affecting the market from both demand and supply side and further evaluates market dynamics affecting the market during the forecast period i.e., drivers, restraints, opportunities, and future trend. The report also provides exhaustive PEST analysis for all five regions namely; North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America after evaluating political, economic, social and technological factors affecting the anticoagulants market in these regions.
IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON ANTICOAGULANTS MARKET
COVID-19 first began in Wuhan (China) during December 2019 and since then it has spread at a fast pace across the globe. The US, India, Brazil, Russia, France, the UK, Turkey, Italy, and Spain are some of the worst affected countries in terms confirmed cases and reported deaths. The COVID-19 has been affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business shutdowns. Shutdown of various plants and factories has affected the global supply chains and negatively impacted the manufacturing, delivery schedules, and sales of products in global market. Few companies have already announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. According to the current market situation, the report further assesses the present and future effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the overall market, giving more reliable and authentic projections In addition to this, the global travel bans imposed by countries in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and North America are affecting the business collaborations and partnerships opportunities.
The report covers key developments in the anticoagulants market as organic and inorganic growth strategies. Various companies are focusing on organic growth strategies such as product launches, product approvals and others such as patents and events. Inorganic growth strategies activities witnessed in the marketwere acquisitions, and partnership & collaborations. These activities have paved way for the expansion of business and customer base of market players. The market payers from anticoagulants market are anticipated to lucrative growth opportunities in the future with the rising demand for anticoagulants in the global market.
The report also includes the profiles of key companies along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies in the anticoagulants market. In addition, the report focuses on leading industry players with information such as company profiles, components, and services offered, financial information of the last 3 years, the key development in the past five years.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Aspen Holdings
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Bayer AG
The Insight Partner's dedicated research and analysis team consist of experienced professionals with advanced statistical expertise and offer various customization options in the existing study.