Emollients are basically cosmetic preparations used for moisturizing, protecting, and lubricating the skin. These functions are naturally performed by sebum produced by healthy skin. Different emollients are available in the form of lotions, ointments, creams, bath oils, or soap substitutes. The basic function of emollients is to protect the skin by preventing evaporation of water from the skin through the formation of an occlusive coating on the surface of the stratum corneum. Petrolatum or white soft paraffin is probably the most effective emollient for skin. Some other popular emollients are castor oil, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, cocoa butter, isopropyl palmitate, isopropyl myristate, shea butter,lanolin, liquid paraffin, polyethylene glycols, silicone oils, stearic acid, and stearyl alcohol. Cosmetics with emollient may additionally contain antioxidants, ceramides, emulsifiers, fragrances, humectants, penetration enhancers, preservatives, and solvents. Various emollients are also widely used in sunscreens, antiperspirants, skin cleansers, shaving creams, aftershaves, and hair tonics..
The emollient market has witnessed a significant growth owing to factors such as increasing application of emollient in skincare, haircare, cosmetics, toiletries & fragrances, and others. Emollients are the primary ingredient in the personal care industry, and demand for natural emollients such as plant and animal-derived emollient is rising inconsonant with the rising demand for natural personal care products. Due to the easy availability and superior properties of ester and fatty acid, they have high demand from application industries. These factors are driving the market growth for emollient. Furthermore, changing lifestyles, coupled with increasing consciousness about personal grooming, are fueling the market of emollients. However, fluctuating prices of raw materials may hamper the market growth form emollient in the near future. Nevertheless, with the steady growth in the chemical, personal care, and cosmetics industry, market players have the opportunity to invest in this market.
The "Global Emollient Market Analysis to 2028" is a specialized and in-depth study of the chemical and materials industry with a special focus on the global market trend analysis. The report aims to provide an overview of the emollient market with detailed market segmentation by application, and geography. The global emollient market is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period. The report provides key statistics on the market status of the leading emollient market players and offers key trends and opportunities in the market.
The global emollient market is segmented on the basis of application. The emollient market on the basis of the application is classified into skin care, hair care, cosmetics, toiletries and fragrances, and others.
Get more information on this report :
The report provides a detailed overview of the industry including both qualitative and quantitative information. It provides an overview and forecast of the global emollient market based on various segments. It also provides market size and forecast estimates from the year 2020 to 2028 with respect to five major regions, namely; North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and South America. The emollient market by each region is later sub-segmented by respective countries and segments. The report covers the analysis and forecast of 18 countries globally along with the current trend and opportunities prevailing in the region.
The report analyzes factors affecting the emollient market from both demand and supply side and further evaluates market dynamics affecting the market during the forecast period i.e., drivers, restraints, opportunities, and future trend. The report also provides exhaustive PEST analysis for all five regions namely; North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America after evaluating political, economic, social and technological factors affecting the emollient market in these regions.
Get more information on this report :
The reports cover various key developments in the global emollient market. Various companies are focusing growth strategies such as product launches, product approvals and others such as patents and events. Some of the growth strategies activities witnessed in the market were acquisitions, and partnership & collaborations. These activities have paved way for the expansion of business and customer base of market players. The market payers from emollient market are anticipated to lucrative growth opportunities in the future with the rising demand for emollient in the global market. Below mentioned is the list of few companies engaged in the emollient market.
The report also includes the profiles of key companies along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies in the emollient market. In addition, the report focuses on leading industry players with information such as company profiles, components, and services offered, financial information of the last 3 years, the key development in the past five years.
AAK Sweden AB
Croda International Plc
Evonik Industries AG
The Lubrizol Corporation
The Insight Partner's dedicated research and analysis team consist of experienced professionals with advanced statistical expertise and offer various customization options in the existing study.
Get more information on this report :
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. INTRODUCTION 1.1. SCOPE OF THE STUDY 1.2. THE INSIGHT PARTNERS RESEARCH REPORT GUIDANCE 1.3. MARKET SEGMENTATION 1.3.1 Emollient Market - By Application 1.3.2 Emollient Market - By Region 220.127.116.11 By Country
2. KEY TAKEWAYS
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. EMOLLIENT MARKET LANDSCAPE 4.1. OVERVIEW 4.2. PEST ANALYSIS 4.2.1 North America - Pest Analysis 4.2.2 Europe - Pest Analysis 4.2.3 Asia-Pacific - Pest Analysis 4.2.4 Middle East and Africa - Pest Analysis 4.2.5 South and Central America - Pest Analysis 4.3. EXPERT OPINIONS
6. EMOLLIENT MARKET - GLOBAL MARKET ANALYSIS 6.1. EMOLLIENT - GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW 6.2. EMOLLIENT - GLOBAL MARKET AND FORECAST TO 2028 6.3. MARKET POSITIONING/MARKET SHARE
7. EMOLLIENT MARKET - REVENUE AND FORECASTS TO 2028 - APPLICATION 7.1. OVERVIEW 7.2. APPLICATION MARKET FORECASTS AND ANALYSIS 7.3. SKIN CARE 7.3.1. Overview 7.3.2. Skin Care Market Forecast and Analysis 7.4. HAIR CARE 7.4.1. Overview 7.4.2. Hair Care Market Forecast and Analysis 7.5. COSMETICS 7.5.1. Overview 7.5.2. Cosmetics Market Forecast and Analysis 7.6. TOILETRIES AND FRAGRANCES 7.6.1. Overview 7.6.2. Toiletries and Fragrances Market Forecast and Analysis 7.7. OTHERS 7.7.1. Overview 7.7.2. Others Market Forecast and Analysis
8. EMOLLIENT MARKET REVENUE AND FORECASTS TO 2028 - GEOGRAPHICAL ANALYSIS 8.1. NORTH AMERICA 8.1.1 North America Emollient Market Overview 8.1.2 North America Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis 8.1.3 North America Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Application 8.1.4 North America Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries 18.104.22.168 United States Emollient Market 22.214.171.124.1 United States Emollient Market by Application 126.96.36.199 Canada Emollient Market 188.8.131.52.1 Canada Emollient Market by Application 184.108.40.206 Mexico Emollient Market 220.127.116.11.1 Mexico Emollient Market by Application 8.2. EUROPE 8.2.1 Europe Emollient Market Overview 8.2.2 Europe Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis 8.2.3 Europe Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Application 8.2.4 Europe Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries 18.104.22.168 Germany Emollient Market 22.214.171.124.1 Germany Emollient Market by Application 126.96.36.199 France Emollient Market 188.8.131.52.1 France Emollient Market by Application 184.108.40.206 Italy Emollient Market 220.127.116.11.1 Italy Emollient Market by Application 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom Emollient Market 22.214.171.124.1 United Kingdom Emollient Market by Application 126.96.36.199 Russia Emollient Market 188.8.131.52.1 Russia Emollient Market by Application 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe Emollient Market 220.127.116.11.1 Rest of Europe Emollient Market by Application 8.3. ASIA-PACIFIC 8.3.1 Asia-Pacific Emollient Market Overview 8.3.2 Asia-Pacific Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis 8.3.3 Asia-Pacific Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Application 8.3.4 Asia-Pacific Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries 18.104.22.168 Australia Emollient Market 22.214.171.124.1 Australia Emollient Market by Application 126.96.36.199 China Emollient Market 188.8.131.52.1 China Emollient Market by Application 184.108.40.206 India Emollient Market 220.127.116.11.1 India Emollient Market by Application 18.104.22.168 Japan Emollient Market 22.214.171.124.1 Japan Emollient Market by Application 126.96.36.199 South Korea Emollient Market 188.8.131.52.1 South Korea Emollient Market by Application 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific Emollient Market 220.127.116.11.1 Rest of Asia-Pacific Emollient Market by Application 8.4. MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA 8.4.1 Middle East and Africa Emollient Market Overview 8.4.2 Middle East and Africa Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis 8.4.3 Middle East and Africa Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Application 8.4.4 Middle East and Africa Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries 18.104.22.168 South Africa Emollient Market 22.214.171.124.1 South Africa Emollient Market by Application 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia Emollient Market 188.8.131.52.1 Saudi Arabia Emollient Market by Application 184.108.40.206 U.A.E Emollient Market 220.127.116.11.1 U.A.E Emollient Market by Application 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East and Africa Emollient Market 22.214.171.124.1 Rest of Middle East and Africa Emollient Market by Application 8.5. SOUTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA 8.5.1 South and Central America Emollient Market Overview 8.5.2 South and Central America Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis 8.5.3 South and Central America Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Application 8.5.4 South and Central America Emollient Market Forecasts and Analysis - By Countries 126.96.36.199 Brazil Emollient Market 188.8.131.52.1 Brazil Emollient Market by Application 184.108.40.206 Argentina Emollient Market 220.127.116.11.1 Argentina Emollient Market by Application 18.104.22.168 Rest of South and Central America Emollient Market 22.214.171.124.1 Rest of South and Central America Emollient Market by Application
9. INDUSTRY LANDSCAPE 9.1. MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS 9.2. AGREEMENTS, COLLABORATIONS AND JOIN VENTURES 9.3. NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES 9.4. EXPANSIONS AND OTHER STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENTS
10. EMOLLIENT MARKET, KEY COMPANY PROFILES 10.1. AAK SWEDEN AB 10.1.1. Key Facts 10.1.2. Business Description 10.1.3. Products and Services 10.1.4. Financial Overview 10.1.5. SWOT Analysis 10.1.6. Key Developments 10.2. ASHLAND INC 10.2.1. Key Facts 10.2.2. Business Description 10.2.3. Products and Services 10.2.4. Financial Overview 10.2.5. SWOT Analysis 10.2.6. Key Developments 10.3. BASF SE 10.3.1. Key Facts 10.3.2. Business Description 10.3.3. Products and Services 10.3.4. Financial Overview 10.3.5. SWOT Analysis 10.3.6. Key Developments 10.4. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC 10.4.1. Key Facts 10.4.2. Business Description 10.4.3. Products and Services 10.4.4. Financial Overview 10.4.5. SWOT Analysis 10.4.6. Key Developments 10.5. DOWDUPONT 10.5.1. Key Facts 10.5.2. Business Description 10.5.3. Products and Services 10.5.4. Financial Overview 10.5.5. SWOT Analysis 10.5.6. Key Developments 10.6. EVONIK INDUSTRIES AG 10.6.1. Key Facts 10.6.2. Business Description 10.6.3. Products and Services 10.6.4. Financial Overview 10.6.5. SWOT Analysis 10.6.6. Key Developments 10.7. LIPO CHEMICALS 10.7.1. Key Facts 10.7.2. Business Description 10.7.3. Products and Services 10.7.4. Financial Overview 10.7.5. SWOT Analysis 10.7.6. Key Developments 10.8. LONZA 10.8.1. Key Facts 10.8.2. Business Description 10.8.3. Products and Services 10.8.4. Financial Overview 10.8.5. SWOT Analysis 10.8.6. Key Developments 10.9. SOLVAY 10.9.1. Key Facts 10.9.2. Business Description 10.9.3. Products and Services 10.9.4. Financial Overview 10.9.5. SWOT Analysis 10.9.6. Key Developments 10.10. THE LUBRIZOL CORPORATION 10.10.1. Key Facts 10.10.2. Business Description 10.10.3. Products and Services 10.10.4. Financial Overview 10.10.5. SWOT Analysis 10.10.6. Key Developments
11. APPENDIX 11.1. ABOUT THE INSIGHT PARTNERS 11.2. GLOSSARY OF TERMS
The List of Companies
1. AAK Sweden AB 2. Ashland Inc 3. BASF SE 4. Croda International Plc 5. DowDuPont 6. Evonik Industries AG 7. Lipo Chemicals 8. Lonza 9. Solvay 10. The Lubrizol Corporation