Newborn screening is the testing for a newborn who acts like normal but has a serious medical condition. Newborn screening is performed to test certain harmful or potentially fatal disorders that are not apparent at the time of birth. These testing practices include a blood test, hearing screening, pulse oximetry, and others. These screening tests enable health professionals to identify and treat certain conditions which help an infant to grow up healthy with normal development.
The "Global Newborn Screening Market Analysis to 2028" is a specialized and in-depth study of the food and beverages industry with a special focus on the global market trend analysis. The report aims to provide an overview of the newborn screening market with detailed market segmentation by product, test type, technology, end user, and geography. The report provides key statistics on the market status of the leading newborn screening market players and offers key trends and opportunities in the market.
- Based on product, the global newborn screening market is segmented into reagents and assay kits and instruments . Instruments are subsegmented into newborn disorder screening instruments, pulse oximeters market, and newborn hearing screening instruments.
- On the basis of test type, the market is segmented into dry blood spot test, hearing screen test, and critical congenital heart diseases (CCHD) test.
- Based on technology, the market is bifurcated into electrophoresis, immunoassays and enzymatic assays, tandem mass spectrometry (TMS), DNA-based assays, pulse oximetry screening technology, and hearing screen technology.
- Based on end user, the market is bifurcated into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and others.
- Increase in number of congenital disease cases in newborns.
- Growing government initiatives to increasing awareness regarding neonatal hereditary diseases.
- Rising demand for early disease detection tests across the globe.
- Increase in number of neonatal diseases such as newborn hearing loss, congenital hypothyroidism.
- Growing number of newborn screening programs worldwide
- Lack of uniformity in newborn screening policies and procedures worldwide.
The report provides a detailed overview of the industry including both qualitative and quantitative information. It provides an overview and forecast of the global market based on various segments. It also provides market size and forecast estimates from the year 2019 to 2028 with respect to five major regions, namely; North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), the Middle East and Africa (MEA), and South America. The newborn screening market by each region is later sub-segmented by respective countries and segments. The report covers the analysis and forecast of 18 countries globally along with the current trend and opportunities prevailing in the region.
The report analyzes factors affecting the market from both demand and supply side and further evaluates market dynamics affecting the marketduring the forecast period i.e., drivers, restraints, opportunities, and future trend. The report also provides exhaustive PEST analysis for all five regions namely; North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America after evaluating political, economic, social and technological factors affecting the newborn screening market in these regions.
IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON NEWBORN SCREENING MARKET
COVID-19 first began in Wuhan (China) during December 2019 and since then it has spread at a fast pace across the globe. The US, India, Brazil, Russia, France, the UK, Turkey, Italy, and Spain are some of the worst affected countries in terms confirmed cases and reported deaths. The COVID-19 has been affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business shutdowns. Shutdown of various plants and factories has affected the global supply chains and negatively impacted the manufacturing, delivery schedules, and sales of products in global market. Few companies have already announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. In addition to this, the global travel bans imposed by countries in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and North America are affecting the business collaborations and partnerships opportunities. Newborn screening market is moderately affected due to COVID-19.
The report covers key developments in the newborn screening market as organic and inorganic growth strategies. Various companies are focusing on organic growth strategies such as product launches, product approvals and others such as patents and events. Inorganic growth strategies activities witnessed in the marketwere acquisitions, and partnership & collaborations. These activities have paved way for the expansion of business and customer base of market players. The market payers from newborn screening market are anticipated to lucrative growth opportunities in the future with the rising demand for newborn screening in the global market.
The report also includes the profiles of key companies along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies in the newborn screening market. In addition, the report focuses on leading industry players with information such as company profiles, components, and services offered, financial information of the last 3 years, the key development in the past five years.
- General Electric Company
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Trivitron Healthcare
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- Zentech S.A.
The Insight Partner's dedicated research and analysis team consist of experienced professionals with advanced statistical expertise and offer various customization options in the existing study.